America’s Leader of Care in the Comfort of Home
For 40 years, Gentiva has set the standard for home health care. Our associates make a significant impact every day in thousands of people’s lives every day by delivering patient-focused home health services where patients want to receive it at home.
Home Health Services
Our nurses, therapists and other healthcare professionals bring patients quality care from disease-specific therapies and procedures to assistance with activities of daily living. We also educate and empower patients to take charge of their own conditions so they can achieve the highest possible level of health and independence.
Our services include:
- Skilled nursing
- Physical, occupational and speech-language therapy
- Cardiac and pulmonary care
- Wound care
- Disease and pain management
- Medication management and education
- Patient education to promote self-management
- Treatment for balance problems that can lead to fall risks
When is home health most commonly utilized?
- After surgery
- After a hospital stay
- When helping to manage chronic conditions like heart failure, COPD and diabetes
Our Standards of Care: A Commitment to Consistent Excellence
At Gentiva, we address the most common reasons patients return to the hospital. We use tools and techniques that help to provide the best outcomes, such as:
- Standardized medication reconciliation
- Patient education tools
- Risk assessment upon start of care
- Evaluation of health literacy
- Identification & physician follow-up
- Interdisciplinary debrief on any readmission
Our care helps bring your patients the care
they need, when they need it
In many communities, we offer both home healthcare and hospice care. In other areas, we have relationships designed to place your patients exactly where they need to be, when they need to be there. The result is care that’s unbiased, uncompromising and right for your patients.
Our Care Transitions program
Gentiva’s Care Transitions Program combines partnership, early intervention, proprietary tools and protocols, and a proven plan of care that can keep your patients at home, at ease and out of the hospital. We work hand in hand with your facility to do a thorough risk assessment and coordinate care to provide better care with better outcomes.